A gentle guide on overcoming overwhelmedness v.2021–08
// 🌿 draft
- In short, feeling overwhelmed means that there is too much to process
- To deal with Anger: Find the “should”
- Example: “She shouldn’t be giving me a lesson”
- Step: Translate the should to prefer → I’d prefer if she communicates with me concisely. It’d be preferable if she gives me just concise advice
- That would meet my needs for Ease, Connection and Learning.
- “She is rude”. → An opportunity for giraffe ears, I can only hear OFNR.
- Judgement “I should look up the information”
- She feels frustrated, longing for Ease and Time and Contribution.